Sunday, September 23, 2012

I'm a cleaning fool.


I've never really considered myself a "clean freak", but I know I definitely like things tidy.  One of my favorite household chores (not that I really love any of them) is vacuuming.  I guess that's one thing I'm really weird about.  I don't even really like it when Sean does it (victory for him).  I love seeing all the lines that the vacuum makes, it just looks so nice when it's done.  Okay, you can say it...I'm a freak.  Like most people, we didn't have very much money when we got married, so we bought the cheapest vacuum at Walmart.  I know it's not true in every circumstance, but at least for this situation...you get what you pay for.  Literally, I think our vacuum was just a glorified noise machine.  I never felt like it really did anything.  I didn't care too much about our carpet when we lived in apartments, because I knew we wouldn't be living there forever...but it really was pretty gross.  So now that we have our own carpet, I have definitely gone a little overboard trying to keep it clean.  Yes, I am one of those annoying people who wants you to take your shoes off when you come into my house.  It really is annoying, I realize...but I just am trying to keep our house nice. :)  Sometimes, I think it can be disrespectful when homeowners have asked guests to remove their shoes, and they are still kept on.  But don't get me going on that...

Anyways!  I have been coveting the dyson ball vacuum for quite some time now, and an AMAZING sale came up last weekend, and I took the plunge!  It was a little difficult explaining to Sean why we "need" this vacuum, but luckily he gave in. :)  As part of this amazing sale, I got $120 gift card just for buying the dyson, so I got a 'Shark' (another item I have been drooling over for the past few months) for free!  Basically when I left the store, I was waiting for someone to stop me for stealing, because I got such a good deal.  I literally felt like I was robbing them, it was glorious.

I think it's funny since we've bought our house how my "wants" have shifted to household items.  What has become of me?!  My 18 year old self would want to slap me across the face for getting so excited about a vacuum and a steam cleaner mop.  Is this what people mean when they refer to "growing up"?  I'm only 26, what will I "want" when I'm 40?  For the love...

I really have never been so excited to clean in my life, it's pretty sad.  It's really a win win for Sean, less cleaning for him...and a happier wife to boot.  What more could one ask for?


Isn't she pretty?  It works just like I thought it would...meaning, it actually works.  Who would have thought that could happen?  

 The shark is even more amazing that I thought it would be.  It does SUCH a good job cleaning.  I've never had hard wood floors before, and didn't really know what to use on them.  It cleans the bathroom floors (tile) really well too.  The steamer actually detaches and can be used as a handheld steamer to steam clothes, linens, draperies, you name it.  

I'm in heaven.  It's pathetic, I know. 


1 comment:

Rae said...

We had SUCH a strict "no shoes" policy in the house growing up, that it literally felt uncomfortable to keep them on when I was at someone else's house. It just felt wrong. When I went to college that all changed thanks to apartment living. It seems so weird now to take your shoes off but on the rare occasion I go to someone's apartment who has a little kid they always ask everyone to take their shoes off. It feels weird but it's understandable, I don't know why people refuse.