Saturday, September 8, 2012

Get in the truck.

Since as long as I've known Sean (and apparently since he was 14) he's wanted a Toyota Tacoma.  Besides a Mercedes (which was not happening) this is the car that Sean covets whenever we're driving.  He's basically in love with this truck.  Well, happy freaking graduation Sean...I just bought you one.  Can you tell by the picture that he might be just a little excited? 

I told him one night that I just wanted to go and "look" at the different trucks, little did he know we would be walking away with keys to a brand new, sexy Toyota Tacoma.


Is this for real?  This is for me?  Yup, it's all yours!


Check out our brand new, 2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD Sport Edition!!!





Some pics of the beauty herself...


Sean was very excited about the outlet in the bed of the truck for all the future camping possibilities...

Boom baby, 2 miles!  Sean's very first BRAND NEW car. :)


I had no idea how many different types of Tacoma's there are, shows how much I know.  Sean's all time fav is the TRD Sport edition.  He didn't even have to think twice.  It was a little comical looking at the "Texas Edition" models.  Some people are hard core about their trucks...  What no "Indiana Edition"?! :)


That's right, we're excited!  Please excuse the nastiness...clearly, I had just gotten off work.

I knew this was a deal breaker for Sean.  Bluetooth.  It will change your life.  My IS 250 is the first car that we've ever had it in, and it is AMAZING.  Seriously, I might give up everything else just to have bluetooth technology.  Glorious, simply glorious. 


She's pretty.

I like it when this pops up right when you turn the car on...

So, it's been two weeks and I know they're already dirty...but Sean was excited that he got the salesman to throw in the "all weather floormats".  Can you believe they charge over $400 for these?  







Apparently the double cab is a MUST.

Sean thinks I'm a loser, but I like having the compass/temp thing on my mirror!  Maybe it's because I have no sense of direction, and I don't have to try and figure out which direction I'm going (which I promise I really CAN do if I have to).  Especially when I'm lost these things come in handy, I already am flustered enough at that point.  Make fun of me all you want, but I was excited it had one of these like my car.  It's the little things, people.  

I may or may not have made Sean take this picture.  For the record, I did ask him to smile.  Why this kid never has a shirt on...I'll never know.  

Yay!!!  We love our new truck!  Congrats Seanie!

 She's a good addition to the the family.

  One of Sean's favorite/most random lines from Forest Gump, is when Jenny is running away from Forest after one of his "rescues", and she hitches a ride from a complete stranger and he says, "Get in the truck" in his super red-neck, southern, hillbilly accent.  Since we've gotten the Tacoma I've heard that 'one liner' more times than I can count.
When in Rome.


4 comments:

Sherrie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

alisha.p.bowen said...

I remember when I was in probably Jr. High and my dad brought home a Tacoma to test drive. Sean spent the next week trying to talk him into buying it...

Matt and Dani said...

Y'all make that truck look good!!!

Rae said...

Um....Sean and I are kindred spirits, did you know this? When I was growing up I was obsessed with two cars and would have died to have either....a Mustang convertible or a black Toyota Tacoma.
Becky, I think you married the guy version of me.
Congrats Sean! You are a lucky son of a gun to have Becky. :)