Saturday, March 17, 2012

15K


Sarah and I ran a 15K!!!  (9.3 miles)  Holllllla!  This is a picture of us half alive, just after the race.  Seriously, Sarah is amazing.  She keeps wanting me to do these races with her, and I just keep saying yes.  Next weekend when we're out of town for John's wedding, she's doing a 1/2 marathon.  *Conveniently* we'll be out of town. :)  But seriously, there's no way I could do that.  Honestly, I'm not sure how I finished.  After mile 5 or 6, my legs pretty much felt like jello, I could feel the shin splints coming on, and my right foot was throbbing.  But for whatever reason, I kept running.

I told Sarah that basically all I did was set my expectations for myself REALLY low.  I said I wanted to run the first 3 miles without stopping (about a 5K), which I did!  And that I didn't want to be last, and I wasn't!  Although once we finally finished, I was a little concerned that we were last.   Haha, that is my recipe for success, basically just have really low standards.  At least for running...

THANK YOU SARAH MONTGOMERY!  Thank you for giving me an excuse to get in shape, and not be sedentary.  I never thought I could run that far...ever, so thank you for doing it with me!
This was right before the race started.  There was an 80% chance it was supposed to rain on us that morning, but it didn't!  The running Gods were definitely with us!

1 comment:

Rae said...

Good job Becky!!! You can come running with me in Miami. :) I'll be two weeks away from my half marathon. EEK!!!!!