Thursday, March 15, 2012

House drama

A couple of weeks ago we had our friends Will & Jess and Tommy & Megan come over for dinner.  Will and Jess live over an hour away, so we don't see them as much as we would like, but it's always a good time when we get together!  Of course we took them to see our new house, and they had done even updates.
So as you can see, they fixed the fireplace.  I'm sure you all remember how awful/ridiculous it looked before.
 Probably the biggest change was the carpet was just put in!

Will chillin' in our newly carpeted formal dining room. :)

Jess shared my enthusiasm for my lovely master closet!
View from the back door/patio entrance into family room.
 Then we went back a few days later to see a few more little changes.  Shower doors!
Fireplace/mantle drama, finished!
French doors to study, lookin' good.




As if you haven't already seen enough pictures. :)

 1st of many fireplace pictures together.

I really don't know what else they have to do on the inside.  We don't close for another month.  But as some of you know we're having some brick drama.  Yes, they put the wrong brick on our house.  Which may I add, NO ONE BELIEVED ME!  Mostly Sean, but everyone else made me feel like I was crazy/color blind. Yesterday it was confirmed by the VP of Highland/Horizon homes, it is in fact the WRONG BRICK.  And the drama continues.... 

2 comments:

Emily Leue said...

bahaha ask alisha and michelle about the wedding ties...i KNEW they weren't all the same color, and everyone called me crazy, except i wasn't! we just know these things...

Rae said...

I know I say this every time but I really can't believe how quickly they work. My parents are having some remodeling done on their house right now and they work so fast!
I am totally jealous of the dinner night with the Merrifields and the Hainlines!! I love them! How fun. If I ever get married I will definitely move to Dallas and we can all hang out all the time. Hurray!
That is so crazy about the bricks! I didn't think you were crazy, I just couldn't really tell either way. I wouldn't have noticed at all, but I suck with those sorts of things. Good for you for trusting your instincts. Hope the drama works out.