Friday, July 11, 2014

Girls' trip: Paige's Bachlorette Party

A few weeks before the wedding. Paige and her besties headed out to Destin, Florida for a girls' bachlorette weekend.  Destin was BEAUTIFUL.  I have never seen sand so white and soft.  California (Sean's hood) is nice, don't get me wrong, but the beaches aren't the best.  The water is freezing in Cali, and the sand is dark and rocky.  After how much I've raved about Destin, now Sean is dying to go.  Fine by me! 

Let's be honest, I'm not much of a road-tripper.  I grew up flying for free, so they're a little difficult for me.  This one was the exception (it was only 11 hours).  However, I do think the amazing company had a lot to do with the trip.  I drove down to Destin with Paige, Aimee, and Aimee's bestie Amber (note sleeping person on my lap).  There are a few necessities while taking a road trip; an over-sized Mountain Dew-check, Doritos-check, and strawberry Laffy Taffy-check.  No wonder we had such a great time! 

Amber is so much like Aimee, they are both nurses-aka they never sleep.  But when they do sleep, they are passed out!  Also, they can sleep anywhere (a trait I wish I possessed), and they can sleep through any amount of outrageous noise.  I'm totally jealous.  Paige did happen to catch me sleeping for a little bit joining my friend Amber! :)

Another necessity for a successful roadtrip, a SNUGGIE.  Hate all you want people, these things are amazing.  Also, it's a 'Texas snuggie', so it obviously better than all other snuggies. Obviously.

We made it to Florida!

It was a little chilly the first day we were there, so naturally Paige and I took a jetted bath together after the beach.  Oh, and if you haven't met her, this is my Mexican friend Paige.  Either that or I was just insanely pasty...probably both. 

Aimee planned the entire trip (rocks star maid-of-honor).  We had 10 girls come, and we all shared an AMAZING beach house.  It was perfect in every way.  It had a pool, hot tub, and plenty of space for all of us. We definitely took advantage of the hot tub!

The best part was that it was only steps from the beach.  What more could you ask for?

Speaking of steps...we took this foot picture just for Reid.  He is always harassing me for taking pictures of my feet and posting them on Instagram, so we thought we would send him a personalized picture straight from Destin!

The sun eventually came out!  And when it did, we took every minute to soak it up!

Seeeeeeeeesters.

Look at our matching black coverups!  Twinkies.

First night out with our cute Bachlorette.

Paige and her BB's.

So cute!

Day #2 on the beach!  Everything was perfect.  We went grocery shopping, and made lunches every day so we didn't even have to walk home.  We could live up our laziness out on the beach without even moving! 

We were so excited once Brittany and Beth arrived!  Beth just turned 21 the weekend before.  Watch out, shes's legal!!

Love these adopted cousin-friends of mine!

How cute is she? 



I had to share a little beach goodness with Sean.  Despite his homeless man appearance, he survived without me.  Even though I missed him like crazy, I was having a blast with the girls. 


What more could you want?  Bubba, the beach, and a Dew.  Perfection.

Just for Reid, hah!

Paige and I bought new bubbas just for our beach trip, and Beth and I got the same ones!  We were meant to be friends!  
Cousin-friends of course.

All time favorite picture of the trip.  Paige and all her ladies living it up on the beach!

Time to party with the hottest Bachlorette!

We tried to get a picture of us all dressed up on the beach, but the sun wasn't working in our favor.  Well in case you can't see, we look dang good! 

Bridesmaids!

We all squeezed into one cab for a night out on the town.  I don't think the cab driver knew what he was getting himself into! :)

We had Paige get a "specialty" balloon headdress.  It was made especially for her by a lady on stilts.  Nice photo-bomb Amber!

We all danced the night away to an amazing live band.  Please ignore my Satan eyes (typical).  We had such a blast!  I believe the phrase that Paige kept yelling out as we were dancing was, "I'm having so much fun!"  And we have the pictures to prove it! 

Haha!  Our fun having bride-to-be a few minutes after we got home.  We wore her out!  Bachlorette mission: accomplished.  We literally danced until we dropped, all of us!

When Paige and I bought our new bubbas for the trip, we saw on the website that you could submit pictures with your bubbas.  We vowed then to make it on the website! #bubbanation You don't even want to know how many pictures we took.  And they were all worth it!  Look at all those beautiful bubbas!

All the beauties with our bubbas!

I had to send my Shawnda a little love from the beach...

The morning before everyone left we had a little lingerie shower for Paigey!  We may or may not have all been in swimsuits or pajamas.  We were on vacation!

 My gift to Paigey.  
Please exscuse my homeless/makeup free appearance. 

 Look at all her goods!  Photo-bomb courtesy of Fred!

+
...and then there were four.  We were all alone again. The trip was coming to an end. Nooooooooo!  We had to soak up one last hot tub dip!

I'm somewhat of a picky eater, and I had previously mentioned that I had never tried crab before.  It was Aimee's mission to get me to try some.  On Sunday when everyone left, we went out for dinner with the four of us and I tried my first crab legs.  They were delicious!

The original foursome!


We had such a blast on Paige's bachlorette weekend!  Aimee did such a great job planning everything out (as usual).  The company was amazing, the food was fattening, the beach was glorious, and there were bubbas galore.  What more could anyone ask for in a vacation?  I'm so glad we were all able to celebrate Paige's upcoming wedding.  We love you Paige, hope you had an amazing weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So homesick right now. Glad you had fun!!!