Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Birthday Sean!


Happy 29th Birthday Sean!  Sean is always complaining about how gross birthday cakes are (so weird, they're clearly delicious).  So this year, I decided to succumb to his wishes and get him the healthiest cake I could think of, angel food cake.

He also doesn't love parties (who are you?), so the most I could convince him to do was invite some of our favorite friends over for "cake" and ice cream.   .

One of the many downfalls of not having a traditional cake and deal with this thing, was the dang birthday candles wouldn't stay in. I had a complete 'wife fail' moment and forgot to get regular birthday candles.  All I could find on such short time were the numbers 2 and 8 from last year, pathetic I know.  Since he was obviously turning 29, the best thing I could think of was to add a blow pop to the end? You know, 28+1???  Let's just say it wasn't my finest moment. 

Terrible picture of me (worst fat face), but great of Seanie.  The sacrifices I make for this kid...


 On his actual birthday, I convinced Sean to have us go out to dinner.  If I can get out of cooking after a long day of work, I'll do it!  Of course, we had to go somewhere with "healthy options", so we decided on sushi.  Our good friends Gerret and Sarah, and Nikki and Ben joined in on the festivities.  

 YUM!

Sean's Birthday Video!

I got Sean a healthy cake covered with fruit, which can be seen in his birthday video.  But for the rest of us, I got a delicious cookie cake.  

 Sean opening presents...of course without a shirt on.  Clothes are optional on birthdays I suppose...or if you're Sean, everyday.



Haha, I love that face.

Happy 29th Birthday Sean!  Only one more year of your 20's, Grandpa!  I hope you had a great day, I'm so lucky to call you mine. Xoxo.


No comments: