Thursday, April 17, 2014

Looking back at 2013



2013 was one of our best years yet.  I (and everyone and their mom) found on Facebook a movie app that allowed me to link all the pictures I took on Instagram and convert them into a movie.  Obviously it wasn't every picture I took in 2013 (that would probably be impossible for anyone that knows me), but I think it gives a pretty good summary of our year. 

Some our highlights were:
-bringing in the New Year with our good friend Nikki, Ben, Gerret, and Sarah
-Sean started his new job that he loves at STC.
-being a part of our good friends/cousins Kylie and Mike's baby blessing for their daughter, Madison
-had Sean's brother, Nate visit us here in Texas
-Made numerous trips with our friends KC, Sterling, Evan, and Lindsay out to the "bouse"
-Sarah introduced me to SpaCastle (heaven on earth)
-celebrated Sean's 28th birthday (Grandpa)
-Got my first tip as a hygienist (this is huge people)
-Got to be a part of our long time friends Cori and Mark's baby blessing for their little Andi
-My personal favorite: Celebrated our 5 year anniversary in EUROPE!  The funnest/craziest/most expensive trip we've ever taken.  We made memories there that will last a lifetime.
-And the saddest: Said goodbye to Grandpa Packard here on earth, silver lining; got to see a TON of Packard family that we wouldn't have otherwise seen.
-Paige and I went to Six Flags and played hookie from work!
-Spent numerous glorious days at our community pool
-Went to 2 concerts together (our first two) Beyonce and Jay-Z, coincidentally they're married...weird. Totally not intentional (Beyonce tickets were $free.99)
-Got to be a part of some of our favorite cousins Brittany and Spencer's baby blessing 
-I got a new car! (Later to be hit by a stupid 16 year old.) :(
-Sean started his MBA at Baylor.  HUGE life change for the both of us!
-Made a trip out to Chicago to see my Grandma Gin
-One of my best friend's Paige got engaged!  Honored to be a bridesmaid!
-Threw a surprise baby shower for one of my besties, Nikki
-Went to DC and NYC with some of my favorite cousins/friends who happened to be related, Janene and Steph and their prego bellies!
-Chelse and Ryley came to Texas to visit us, and had a blast with them!
-Helped throw a twin baby shower for Janene!
-Got a new boss, my former dentist sold his practice
-Threw a rockin' Ugly Christmas Sweater Party!

2013 was a great year for us.  We had a ton of life changes, but somehow made it through together.   It was an exciting year, and I'm excited to see what 2014 has in store for us.  I hope you enjoyed our movie of our summarized 2013, I did! Xoxo. 




No comments: