Thursday, June 28, 2012

Camping with Jordan and Lexi!

In May we went camping with Jordan and Lexi (I'm catching up to the current month little by little).  Jordan REALLY wanted to go back to the spot in Oklahoma we went to with Kylie, Mike, Gerret, and Sarah.  I was down because it was pretty fun, and Sean will do anything with the word camping affiliated with it.  I like camping, I really do...but Sean LOVES camping.  If I wanted to, he would seriously go camping every weekend.

Camping means two different things for Sean and myself.  Camping to Sean means family vacation!  He is one of eight, and so that makes sense.  I still came from a good size family, (not for Mormons, but 5 kids always seemed like a million growing up) but my Mom was a flight attendant, so I grew up flying for free.  That opened up a whole new world of vacationing that otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to experience.  Before the age of 18, I was able to go to numerous foreign countries, fly all over the U.S., water ski through Lake Powell, snow ski through the mountains, and being able to do all for a very affordable amount.  I realize this was not everyone's situation growing up, and so I know I grew up spoiled to traveling.

Camping to me always meant family reunions, girls camp, etc.  Oh no, Sean's family is hard core...that is not camping. :)  I have been camping more as a married woman (4 years) than I have been camping cumulatively for the 21 years preceding marriage.  Sean's family LOVES camping, so I needed to jump on board.  Little by little we are accumulating more camping equipment, and going more often.  But apparently this should have been something we discussed before getting married.  :)

So anyways, we went camping...and you guessed it, with Sean's family!!!  We love Lexi and Jordan, and are SO GLAD they moved to Texas.  It's been fun to be able to get to know them better, and the more we know...the more we like!  Sean and Jordan are like twins, it's pretty weird.  Before we bought our house we were in Aunt Marlys and Uncle Del's ward.  A month wouldn't go by without someone mistaking Sean for Jordan, and Jordan didn't even live in Texas.  It got even more confusing when Jordan and Lexi moved here.  The funny part is Sean looks nothing like a Packard, he looks just like his Mom.  Jordan is the same way, no Packard-all Lott.  So even though they're cousins, they look like they could be brothers...so weird.  Since they've moved to Texas I've even noticed some funny things that Jordan does just like Sean, and vice-versa.  After we moved out of the ward with the Lotts, Jordan took over Sean's primary class, and apparently kids call him Brother Packard all the time...so funny.

As you will see in the pictures to come, I started out PASTY WHITE, therefore resulting in one of the WORST sunburns I've ever gotten.  Sad times, more freckles.

Love them.
Sean was determined to find the same sweet camp site we had previously.  I seriously could not believe he found it, it had been over a year!
Jordan and Lexi's sweet new car came in handy!

...setting up camp.
Let the pyromania begin...
My favorite part of camping.
It was 70 degrees and I was still freezing.  
It was my first time out in the sun in a while...
Sean...always covering up.
We're back!
One of my favorite pics from the trip.
Oh skin...why do I abuse you so?
Oklahoma, you're so random...and pretty.
Thankfully Jordan and Lexi weren't pansies and actually jumped in the water with me!  Last time I was the only one!!!  Sean always succumbs to peer pressure.  Everyone's doing it...


Good one guys!
This one too!
Like I said...twinkies.


The pretty waterfall...
Goodbye Oklahoma!

Not the best picture of most of us...but we took a stop at Braum's on the way home.  As you can see, I'm already turning into a lobster.  I usually don't burn, but this was bad...not pretty.  

We had SO MUCH FUN camping!  Thanks for going with us Jordan and Lexi!  Hopefully we can have a lot more of these trips!!!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Just one word - You know I have to say it after today - SUNSCREEN!!!
Love you both!