Sunday, June 24, 2012

26, it's going to be a good one.

 I turned 26 in April.  2012 has already been such a good year, that I actually was looking forward to getting a year older.  Like I said in my last post, I was sick for our anniversary, and since we got married the day before my birthday...you guessed it--I was sick again for my birthday.  Sickness and looking horrible aside, it was a really good day.

My birthday was on a Friday this year, and since we only work half days on Fridays, it made working on my birthday a little more bearable.  Paige (one of my best friends/our dental assistant)  wasn't at work on my birthday again, so it was pretty crazy.  Luckily my 'Texas Mama' (Aunt Marlys) was taking me out to lunch so I just sucked it up until 12! 

Can I just say that Aunt Marlys is amazing?!  She has completely taken Sean and me in as her own.  She always comes to our parties, will drop anything to help us out, always has us over for dinner, and is so much fun to be around.  She is so sweet and makes everyone around her feel important and special, and we just love her!!!  Texas just wouldn't be the same without her.  It's no secret Sean is her favorite nephew (although she still claims it's P.J.) but she always makes me feel loved too.  My Mom and I have never been,  and probably will never be close, so it's nice to have someone who wants a relationship with me.  I've always been envious of my friends and family who are super close with their Moms, they really are truly blessed.  Aunt Marlys is probably the closest thing I've ever had to that feeling, I just wanted her to know how much I love and appreciate her.
Seriously <3 her.

So-back to my birthday!  Aunt Marlys treated all of us girls to a birthday lunch at Chuy's, and it was a blast!! Lexi, Kylie, Kathryn, and Preston all came.  Thank you so much for coming girls, it meant a lot to me!

Yay for birthdays!
It was delicious!
Kathryn is so cute...she said, "Why is everyone all dressed up?!"  Kylie said, "Ugh...because it's Becky's birthday, and we're going out to lunch."  Kathryn-"Oh crap."

Kylie brought Preston along for the fun too!

I kept asking Sean what we were going to do for my birthday, and he just kept saying, "don't worry about it."  I think he might have been trying to plan a surprise party, but I think he can only deal with so many surprises.  Because later that day he frantically told me that he didn't know how to "do this" anymore, and we were having people over that night.  Haha, A for effort.  So yes, we had some people over for cake and ice cream that night.
Uncle Del and Aunt Marlys refused to be in any pictures. :)
Funny pics=best pics.
Dan caught the end of the party, he was working late. Those Asians have him on a tight leash! (He works at Panda) :)
Love this picture of Sarah and me. <3
Sean being himself...
The girls.

Sarah got me an amazing present, a dance game for the kinect!  So perfect for the party it was almost planned. :)  I love it!!!



The boys...I think Daniel might have hit the ceiling a time or two...

Oh Sean...what will I do with him?
 I haven't had anyone take pictures of ME blowing out the candles in years.  Thank you Aunt Marlys, reason 987342983 why I love you!  Finally someone who likes capturing the moments as much as I do, xoxo.
This sequence is pretty funny.  Sean is "supposed" to be feeding me my first bite of birthday cake.



Classic Sean.  :)
This one turned out great too!
 

As the night went on the crowd got smaller, and the board games got busted out.  Thanks for hooking us on 'Sequence' Nate and T!

Thank you to EVERYONE who helped make my day so special.  I loved everything about the day- the calls, the texts, the random Facebook 'Happy Birthdays', being sung to over voicemails, I loved it all!  I love birthdays, and 26 definitely was a great one.  I love you all!






2 comments:

alisha.p.bowen said...

If we end up moving to Houston, can I come play with you guys sometimes? It seems like there's always a party going on with you guys!

Sean and Becky said...

Of course! We would be offended if you didn't! Yes, we love to party! :)