Saturday, April 16, 2011

2011...you suck.

As if my Dad passing away wasn't enough, we just got robbed.  Yes, the same couple that was robbed and took everything Sean owned less than two months before we got married.  About two weeks ago, Sean got out of school early and met me for lunch.  He was gone FOR ONE HOUR, and this is what he came home to.

They used a crowbar to bust open our front door.  Apparently no one saw them doing this.  Then, Sean went into the family room and saw this-
...that's when it hit him.  We've been robbed!  FML.  They took the T.V., the Xbox, a bunch of Xbox games, and the controllers.
Luckily I don't have very much expensive jewelery, because if I did it would be gone.  The took a pearl necklace my Mom gave me, a Coach wristlet I got for a birthday present-which of course was full of jewelery (all costume jewelery, but still there were like 7 pairs of earrings and a necklace).  Huge bummer.  :(  After seeing my jewelery box open, Sean instantly thought about my diamond ring.  I don't wear it to work because I wear gloves all day (the rings rips my gloves and gets really gross from everything).  I just wear my wedding band to work.
Luckily, I keep it in a separate dish next to the sink where I wash my face, so they apparently missed it.  Thank goodness!  It's definitely the most expensive item we own, and we would have been totally screwed if they had taken it. 

This is what the office looked like when Sean went in.  They didn't take the computer (weird?), but they took an ipod out of the drawer, a USB cord to our iphones (wtf?), and who really knows what else.  We're still finding things each day that are missing.  I'll ask Sean, "hey have you seen *****, and then I'll realize-crap...they took that too!"  Some of the things missing are kind of random, like our green throw blanket we had on the couch--gone.  We think maybe they used it to wrap the T.V. in?  Who knows, but basically it sucks. 


I know this sounds stupid, but the thing I'm probably most upset about that was stolen was my ihome.  My brothers (bless their hearts) never really get me birthday/any presents.  Maybe it's a guy thing, who knows?  But, for my wedding/birthday present they all chipped in and bought my an ihome, which they knew I had been wanting forever.  Of course I can get a new one, but it was kinda special to me, I know...it's weird.  Obviously, Sean's most upset about the T.V.  We have a T.V. in our bedroom.  It's a tube television set that I got for my 15th birthday, haha!  I wonder why they didn't want to take that?  It reminds me of the commercial where a family comes home from vacation and everything is taken but their old school computer.  They then decide...maybe it's time for a new computer...haha.  But, at this point it's better than nothing.  Luckily we have renter's insurance, so I realize it could be a lot worse.  We called them the day we got robbed, and of course they're dragging their feet and taking forever to get things replaced.  2011 has just started, and I already can't wait for it to be over.  Ugh, FML.  I've seen this quote before, and honestly this is exactly how I feel.

"I know God wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much."
- Mother Teresa







4 comments:

Kathryn M said...

Becky, I am so sorry about everything. I am glad they didn't find your engagement ring though! Like you said things can be replaced but the fact that some creeps were going through all of your stuff must make you feel so violated, ugh that is awful. Praying for good things to come your way!

Danielle said...

That really does suck! I hope the insurance company is good to you! Hang in there girl!

emily Stoddard said...

Oh Becks! I'm sorry!! Hope things are looking up!

Rae said...

Dude, you guys get jacked more than anyone I know. Seriously ghetto.
I love that Mother Theresa quote.