Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sarah comes to visit!


Back in March, Sean's little sister Sarah came out to Texas to visit us.  Sean's family doesn't come to visit very often, so when they do it's a special treat.  Sean has always had a special place in his heart for his kid sister Sarah.  I remember meeting Sarah when she was thirteen (crazy!), and she seemed like such a little kid at the time.  It's been wonderful to watch her grow into the beautiful young woman she is today.  Shortly after her visit to Texas, she left on a mission to serve the Lord in the West Virginia, Charleston mission.  And she has been rocking it out there ever since!  We miss you Sarah!

 The weekend before, I threw a baby shower for my bff Sarah Montgomery...so Sean thought he was so witty and put this over our guest shower for his sister Sarah.  Hilarious.

 Another funny thing that had to be documented...while we were cleaning and getting Sarah's bathroom ready for her I noticed Sean did this...haha.  I don't ever think I've ever seen Sean do this for any guest we've had.  Sarah, you should feel special.  

The first day Sarah was here we took her to get some yummy Texas barbecue, and then we went to an indoor go-cart racing venue.  Sean and I had been wanting to go for a long time, and Sarah's visit seemed like the perfect excuse!  I was surprised at how much fun I had, I liked it a lot, and I would totally go back. :)


 We could be sisters...right?


So hot...

Wahooooo!

One of the reasons Sarah chose to come to Texas specifically this weekend was because, the NCAA March Madness championships were being held in Dallas at the Cowboys Stadium.  Sarah loves college basketball, and of course so does Sean.  It's like they're related or something...

Of course the tickets are very expensive, and Sarah is a poor college student, and while we like to splurge for fun, we have our limits.  With that being said, we decided to watch the semi-finals at home and buy tickets to the finals the next day.  Apparently the basketball gods were looking down at Sarah and Sean that day.  Minutes before the first game of the semi-finals begun, Sean got a call from a friend asking if he would like to take his tickets to the game for FREE!  I love free stuff.  He had 4 free tickets, and if we wanted them, they were ours.  Of course we said YES!  As we were leaving, I mentioned to Sean that it would be a shame to let the 4th free ticket go to waste, so as we were on the way to his house, Sean called his friend Sterling (another basketball fanatic) and said if he could be ready in 30 seconds, the 4th free ticket was his.

 I think Sean and Sterling were so excited they weren't really sure what to do with their hands...

 Yayyyyyy! We made it!

 Boom baby!



 The Final Four!

 Sterling really is happy I promise...

 Sean and Sterling

 Upper deck, represent.



 Sean and Sarah were trying to get a good look at Charles Barkley at the ESPN center.



There's Chuck!!!

 The next morning we woke up and had an amazing breakfast.  Sean made some amazing french toast, and I made some delicious monkey bread (Telisha's amazing recipe of course).


For the championship game, Sean and Sarah came and picked me up from work (that's why I look homeless in all the pictures).  We bought a little bit better seats, still for an absurd  amount of money, but it's for the memories...right?!

 I have no allegiance to Kentucky or Connecticut, but for some reason I was cheering for Kentucky...I'm still not really sure why.  

 
Since the game was months ago...we all know how that ended.  UCONN wins!!!


Our first time watching a Final Four tournament, and it was a blast!

We're so grateful that we got to see Sarah before she left on her mission.  We are so excited to see what the future has in store for this special girl.  She's going to make a great missionary, we're so excited for her.  We had a blast with Sarah and weekend long, and we can't wait to see her when she gets back from West Virginia.  Thanks for coming to visit us Sarah, we love you!!!

No comments: