Sunday, May 25, 2014

Paigey's Bridal Shower!

Paige is one of my very best friends and one of my favorite people ever.  Paige is like a sister to me.  She has been such a blessing in my life, and I feel so blessed that God put her in my life.  She's the sweetest girl you will ever meet, and the most selfless. When she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids I was overjoyed to be part of her special day.  Her sister Aimee is the maid-of-honor, and I love her too!  Like I said in her engagement party post, I'm in love with their amazing family.  From the get-go, Aimee and I have been plotting to make her shower amazing.  Paige hates being left out/secrets, but we assured her it was for the greater good of the shower. :)  Aimee and I had a lot of fun putting things together, she is a rock-star party planner!  

Paige and Aimee have such sweet relationship, they just love each other to pieces.  I've never seen a big sister who loves her little sister like Aimee loves Paige.  She is always concerned about Paige's happiness, and genuinely always has Paige's best interest at heart.  The more I've gotten to know Aimee, the more I've gotten to love her too!  They truly have such a beautiful and amazing family, and I've been blessed to have spent so much time with them.  

 Creations by Aimee and Becky, haha! Aimee did a lot homework to put together a perfect theme for Paigey's shower.  Paige loves all things distressed, home-made, lacey, mason jars, fleur de lis (she's legit French, people), baby's breath, and burlap.  
What can we say, she's a country girl!

 Aimee had more burlap than I had ever seen in my life!
  We cut out and put on Bride-to-be.

 The food!  Of course, with a side of burlap.

 Pear, pecan & gorgonzola salad

 One of my personal favorites, Texas Caviar! (You may have noticed this at almost every single party I have helped with.  My amazing roomates at BYU-shout out to Lindsay and Jena, shared this amazing recipe with me, and my life has never been the same since...ps Sean loves it too)

 Chicken salad sandwiches
I kept telling Aimee how obsessed I was with this serving set. I told her to keep a close eye on it, or I might swipe it, haha!  

 Pasta salad

Spinach and artichoke dip

 Look at those cute straws!

 Welcome to Paige's Bridal Shower! 48 days 'til she is Mrs. Montgomery.

 Noah and Ross provided technical support with our game!

 Miss to Mrs.

 "Leave some Love for the Bride"
Aimee got a cutting board for everyone to sign so Paige can remember us all when she's cooking.

 "Reid POPPED the question and Paige said yes"
Goodie bags!

Our delicious red velvet cupcakes we made.  

 Check out these amazing gold sprinkles Aimee found!

 Even the silverware looked cute...

 The AMAZING display table!  
This picture looks straight out of Pinterest...

 Some of Paigey's goods...

 Baby's breath galore!

 The dessert bar, chocolate fountain heaven.

 The hit of the shower!  

 Mason jar city!

 Some drinky-drank for the ladies, and pink lemonade for me-haha!  
These ladies are always looking out for the Mormon girl. :)

Paigey's Mama and Tauntie

 BRIDESMAIDS!

 Noah photobombing...

 Ribbons galore!


 Beth holding down the drink station... :)


All of the guests starting to arrive, including our guest of honor!

 Haha!  I love this picture with all of the purses!

 Adrienne and the adorable flower girl have arrived!

 The bride-to-be seat of honor!

 Let the games begin!  It's official, the Packard virus has caught me...I too now love games.  Since Aimee did almost everything else, I told her to let me handle the games.   
 The day before, Aimee and I asked Reid a series of funny, embarrassing, and heart felt questions.  Of course, we recorded all of his responses, capturing his initial response on camera.  It was hilarious, to say the least.  At the shower, we asked Paige the same questions...asking her what she thinks Reid's reply would be.  For every question she answered differently from Reid, she had to put a piece of bubble gum in her mouth.  As her hygienist, I do not condone this activity, but as her friend I reveled in her erroneous replies!

 Reid was a great sport, even though Aimee and I were busting out laughing at his expense.

 This basically sums up the epitome of the game.  So funny!

 Poor Paigey...she may never forgive me for making her eat all that bubble gum.  She was appalled that the gum I was forcing down her throat wasn't sugarless.  Love your photo-bomb Aimee!  Makes up for the weird face I'm making...

 I on the other hand, thought it was pretty comical!

I'm so glad the game worked out!  Aimee and I had our doubts about getting it to play on the TV so everyone could see.  Thank goodness for her hubby Noah, and friend Ross for their technical support.  We couldn't have done it without them. Game, success!

Present time! 
 We had tons of bridesmaid help!  Aimee made a little book with everyone's address already in it (she seriously thinks of everything) and wrote down what they gifted to Paige.  Brittany and Beth were on wrapping paper duty, and I (clearly) was on photographer duty.

 I probably took at least 80 pictures of her opening presents...but here are some of the cutest of her!  I can never decide which ones to pick, hence the millions of pictures in this post!  Ahhhhh!


 Aimee got Pagie the cutest gift...

 A "Mrs. Montgomery" hangar she had made especially for Paige to hang her wedding dress on.  Of course I got all teary eyed!  I cannot keep it together!

My gift to Paige and Reid, "Montgomery" towels!  Is it a coincidence that my two best friends Paige and Sarah have the same last name?!  Haha, I think not!

 Paigey and her Mama

 Paige and her high school besties

 Miss Sophia, Paige's adorable flower girl!

 Aimee and Paigey!

 The Bride-to-be, Mother-of-the bride, and Maid of Honor!

 Paige and her BB's.  Brittany and Beth helped SO MUCH! They came all the way from Louisiana with Paige's Taunt Penny (yes for all you non Cajuns out there, that means Aunt...it took me a while to decipher it as well). They are master cake and icing connoisseurs, and helped so much!


 Look at how adorable their family is?!  Ridiculously cute, love them.

I love these BB's!  I officially adopted them as my cousins...it's final!

A complete bridesmaid picture with the bride!  

Historically with showers I help throw, I get really stressed out.  I had a bunch of events to plan that I was stressing out about, and I kept telling Sean that this party was the only one I WASN'T stressed out about.  I told him that I knew Aimee was the mastermind behind it all, and she is totally type A just like me, so I just knew she would have everything under control.  And of course, she did!  She did an amazing job, and I'm so happy that she let me be a part of it.  Thank you to everyone who helped us, and to everyone that helped shower the one we love...Paige!  Congratulations Paige, we love you!!!

No comments: