Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lexi's baby shower!

Lexi, one of our Packard cousins, had her first baby boy!  About a month before her due date, I threw her a shower for little Emerson Warren Lott.  I feel like the more baby showers I throw, the better I am getting at them.  Hey, it's tricky to know about baby showers when you don't have a baby!  We had a really good turnout, and I had a lot of help from our amazing family.

Lexi wanted there to be as much "healthy"food as possible, so despite my first instinct to have mass quantities of sugary sweets and an abundance of baked goods, we found some healthy options that were equally delicious.  It did make me feel a little better about over indulging...

 Yummy sandwiches

 Well, most of it was healthy.  We had salsa, hummus and pita chips, veggies, and fruit.  Just try not to look at the delicious chocolate fondue.  Oh yeah, and the cheesecake bites and rice krispie treats.  :0

 YUM!

 It was my first time doing the chocolate fondue by myself, which was pretty nerve wracking.  I hate making things for the first time when having a party (which I ALWAYS seem to do to myself, and is always stressful).  I had a rough start with the fondue, but luckily all of the lumps of chocolate melted together, and it turned out great!  Honestly, how could anything chocolate-y not turn out great?

 Lexi said that she really liked the bright blue and green colors, so that's what we did!  There were blue and green polka dots everywhere! :)

 I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the banner I made had pictures of Jordan and Lexi's baby gender reveal on them.  I clothes-pinned some white onesies on there too (I'm told you can never have too many of these).  Janene, our amazing/domestic goddess cousin made these cute little bow ties for the onesies.  Aren't they adorable?!

 I also put some of the pictures in baby announcement picture frames I got for Lexi, also one of her sonogram. 
 Look at all of her sweet presents she got!

 Lexi wanted some "motherly advice, so Janene and my friend Nikki helped me put together this board for her.  
Thank goodness for crafty friends!

 Party favors, take a blow-pop!  Thanks for "popping by"! 

We missed some of the guests that had to leave early, but here's a good amount of the ladies that helped us shower Lexi.


 Lexi's Grandma and Aunt.


 Cousin pic!  Thanks for coming ladies, all of these girls helped me a lot with the shower!

 Love it!

 Aunt Marlys, Kylie, and Lexi.  Lexi's mother-in-law and sister-in-law!

 Love this cute prego mama!

 By far, the best picture of the day.  We love you Lexi! 
 CONGRATS on your new baby boy!


Oh yes...let's not forget what happened the night before the shower.  We had our first "home repair", which seems a little ridiculous since we have a BRAND NEW home.  It was a minor plumbing issue, which doesn't exude confidence of the plumbers who installed the hardware. When the dishwasher would drain water back into the overflow, water would leak out and come out of the spout on the countertop.  Basically, water would splurge out everywhere and it was a huge disaster.  Since we built our home, I haven't had many chances to see Sean's "handy-man"status that he has assured me he possesses.  But, he pulled it off!  He assessed the situation, drove to Lowe's to buy some parts, and fixed it first thing in the morning.  (Of course we discovered the issue at 11:30 the night before)  I stand corrected, Sean IS a handyman.  He totally saved the day!  Thanks to him, and many of my helpers, the party was a success!  

No comments: