Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mediterranean Cruise Day 3!

On day three of our Mediterranean cruise we were sailing.  Most people think that this would be a terrible/super boring way to spend a vacation.  It's totally the opposite!  Especially since we were so exhausted, and had so much jet lag...we never have needed a cruising day more!  As usual, we slept like champs in our super dark little room...I honestly don't even remember what time we woke up.  I'm sure it was some ridiculous hour in the afternoon.  The only thing I had to get up for was a massage scheduled at 3:00.  I've never gotten a massage on a cruise (I've always wanted to, they're just way overpriced).  But as part as my birthday present (apparently to myself), I decided to get one.  It was just as glorious as I thought it would be.  She doesn't compare to Sarah (of course),but since I couldn't bring Sarah with me it was a good replacement.  

Sean decided that while I was getting my massage he would play in a poker tournament...don't even get me started.  He always just takes a certain amount of money, and says...when he's out, he's out.   He always has fun (even when he loses) so whatever.  How is losing fun?  Some things I'll never understand...

The rest of the day we spent lounging about, laying out on the pool deck, getting fatter...you know, all the things you're supposed to do on a vacation.  It was glorious.

 Ahhhhh!  I want to go back!

 Getting our tan on.  Well, some of us got tan...

 Story of my life...
This is what I'm dealing with people.  

That's better!  Love this crazy boy.

 Every cruise has at least one formal night.  Formal night is always my favorite night of the cruise, consequently...it's always Sean's least favorite night of the cruise.  I love getting dressed up and going out, and Sean just knows that means he's going to have to take numerous pictures.  I always point out to Sean that there's a lot of people who make a bigger production out of it than I do.  Some girls come out in straight up prom dresses, and the guys are wearing tuxes.  Somehow, that doesn't make it feel that much better.  Luckily for me, Sean is a good sport and takes one for the team. :)


As much as he hates getting dressed up, he does clean up nicely.

Our dinner table all dressed up!

Time to stuff our faces! :)

 On the ship they have shows every night.  Usually on formal night, they have pretty good shows to see.  This cruise may have been an exception.  They had a flamenco dancing show, and it wasn't pretty.  It got us a little worried, because we had reserved a dinner and dance flamenco show in Madrid...and were wondering if we had made a mistake.  


Luckily, our show in Madrid turned out to be the complete opposite (more on that to come later).  It was amazing.  But, A for effort cruise dancers.  

Later that night, we decided to hit up the hot tubs.  It is always perfect to go hot tubbing at night on cruises. That's when they're typically sailing the most frequently, and so there's a nice cool breeze as you soak away. 
 I'm pretty sure Sean was saying something along the lines of...we need to get one of these...

 I couldn't agree more!

Formal night success!

1 comment:

Amy Weston said...

Truman hates it when I take millions of pics too, he says I've spoiled it for him, haha. MEN!

You looks adorbs, love the dress!

Love Amy ;)