Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas work party 2011

The last few offices I've worked at haven't had Christmas parties, so when I found out my new office always has one I was really excited.  I just feel like so many of the work weeks are stressful, it's nice to just sit, talk, and have a good time with your co-workers.  Dr. Beougher and our office manager, Lani did a great job planning our party.
 The hygiene department
Miki and Frita
First, we had dinner catered into the office.  Then, Dr. B. and Lani gave us our gifts.  Each present had a 'Coach' wristlet inside with $200 in it!  The note on the gift said we were all going shopping at Willowbend mall!  We only had 90 minutes to spend it, and any money we didn't spend we had to give back.  Also, the presents we bought HAD to be for ourselves.  They told us that we work hard all year and we deserve to get something just for ourselves.  (I never have a problem with that but apparently some people do, ha ha!)
Did I mention there are 25 girls that I work with?  It was very generous of Dr. Beougher to get all of us such a nice gift.



Some of the girls opening their Secret Santa gifts.
Priscilla and Dr. Irvine's sweet little girl, Kylie.
Starlyn, our hygiene coordinator and one of my favorites!
Dr. Beougher scaring the children...
Dr. Irvine and Kylie
After all the shopping fun we had, we met back up at this neat little restaurant called 'The Keg'.  I haven't been there before, but I really liked it.  They had a couple of fires going and big comfy leather chairs and couches for people to sit on and chat with one another.  Everyone showed each other their purchases and then people talked, had drinks and appetizers, and Dr. B was nice enough to pick up the tab.  It was a really fun night.  It was so nice not to have to talk about work, but just have fun together.
My purchases!  Merry Christmas to me. :)

No comments: