Sunday, December 18, 2011

Holiday in the Park

We've been in Texas for two years now, and ever since we've moved here I've wanted to go to Six Flags.  Sean HATES amusement parks.  He hates the roller-coasters (apparently it upsets his stomach), he hates walking around all day (he has really flat feet), and he thinks it's a waste of money.  Sometimes we could not be more different.  I LOVE amusement parks!  I love the roller-coasters, I think they are so fun!  I would give up 2 months of shopping easy to pay for a ticket!  I know they are a little pricey, Sean has a point, but can you really put a price on fun/memories?  I think not.  I have been harassing him to go forever, and he finally gave in.  It helped that one of his co-workers won tickets as a prize, and then sold Sean the tickets for $25 for two tickets!  I didn't realize it was $25 for both until we were at the park, which was even better news! 

Conveniently, Sean's cousins/our good friends Mike and Kylie, wanted to go too!  Let me rephrase that, Kylie wanted to go too.  Mike is a pansy just like Sean (sorry Mike).  Kylie and I have been talking about going forever, and when we got the tickets, they agreed to go with us!  Luckily, Texas is warm (I thank God for that everyday that we finally live in a warm state) and it was only 50 degrees at 6pm when we went in the middle of December!  We bundled up for the cold, but I was actually hot!
  Kylie and I were REALLY excited!
The park looked really sweet.  There were Christmas lights up everywhere.  I guess they do it every year, and call it "Holiday in the Park".  I feel like we should make it a yearly tradition.  :)
Kylie and Mike!


I realize that my camera blows, but these pictures seriously don't do it justice!  The park looked amazing!
Could we be sisters?  We've heard that we could be a time or two...
Basically Sean and Mike were party poopers, shocker.  Sean kept saying all along how Kylie and I should go by ourselves, but I insisted it WOULD BE FUN, and that we should all go together.  This doesn't happen very often, but I will have to say; Sean was right.  I know, I know...it's craziness.  Kylie and I were basically by ourselves the whole night anyways, and rode most the rides by ourselves while Mike and Sean talked sports.  So next time we'll save some money and go by ourselves while the boys watch Preston! :)  All and all it was a fun night, and I'm so glad we went!!  
Thanks for humoring us boys.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Looks like a BLAST! Jared is the same way...he gets sick on any ride that goes more than a few miles per hour, whereas I can't get enough of rollercoasters! Wish we lived closer to an amusement park!