Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oldies but goodies

The second wedding we went to this summer was the very next weekend.  Heather, one of my FAVORITE roommates from BYU got married in the Denver temple.  Conveniently, my other favorite roommate that lived with us, Jillian,  lives in Denver too!   Most of you know we fly standby-FML.  Standby is great when it works out, but it seems to rarely "work out".  We attempted to fly standby out to Denver, but quickly realized it just wasn't going to happen.  I bought an expensive last minute ticket to Denver, and Sean (poor guy) spent all day in the airport trying to make a flight.  He was there from 5:30 am-7 pm.  Since we couldn't afford the last minute tickets for both of us, I went on by myself.  At the time I wasn't very happy about having to go to a wedding by myself, but looking back it probably was for the best.  I don't know why but I have always hated going to weddings by myself, I feel like such a loner.  And, it's even better going with your hubby once you're married in my opinion, because you get to remember how fun and special your day was and how grateful you are for one another.  But, I actually did have a lot of fun hanging out with Jillian and Heather (obviously I was with Jillian most of the time-Heather was a little preoccupied).  And it might not have been as much fun with Sean there, sorry Sean-love you.  :)

It's hard to believe it's been four years since the three of us have become friends.  Every time I'm with these girls I feel like we pick up right where we left off, even though it had been two years since I've last seen them.  The summer we all lived together at King Henry in Provo was by far my favorite semester of college.  I had just broken up with a previous boy who I thought was "the one", and these fun girls turned my hard times right around.  I was pretty down when I met them, but by the end of the semester I felt like I was the happiest girl ever.  Conveniently, Sean I are began dating that very next semester...it's funny how things work out when you're happy,  We've had our ups and downs as friends, but I love these two girls so much!  I don't know if I've ever told them how much they mean to me, but I hope they know they're some of my closest friends...and I hope it always stays that way.

So needless to say, I wasn't about to miss Heather's big day...whatever the cost, ha ha!  Plus, Jillian and I got some bonus hang out time because she so generously shuttled me around to and from the airport,  and let me stay at her cute apartment.  Even though it was a short, and somewhat exhausting weekend trip, I'm so glad I made it out there.  I had such a blast!
Jillian driving us around in her cute new car!
The three of us reunited!
The three of us in our standard "posing" faces :)
Heather's cute friends at their rehearsal dinner (which was by the way delicious).
<3 this girl
 Never serious.
Jillian and I waiting for Heather and Michael to come out!
It was my first time in the Denver temple.
Mr. and Mrs. Carlson!!!
Awww...Heather and Jillian.
I thought this picture was cute!
Diet Coke, that's my girl.  I have the same picture of me on my wedding day drinking a Mountain Dew, ha ha!
The reception at Heather's family ward, I thought it looked blog worthy.  :)
Cutting the cake
Their first dance...I always love these pictures.
Tossing the garter
And they lived happily ever after...
Love these girls. 

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Oh what a fun weekend! Love both you ladies!!!

Rae said...

I remember these girls and they are SO CUTE! I bet Heather was so glad to have you there. College friends are such treasures.
And yes, going to weddings alone is a blast!!! Psych. Just be grateful you don't have to answer questions all night about why you're "still" single.