Friday, May 14, 2010

24 sounds so much older than 23


I'm only a year older, but now when people ask me how old I am I have to say 24.  I know 24 isn't old, but it sounds a lot older than 23.  Some ages just sound older than others, like how 21 sounds so much older than 20, and how 50 sounds a lot older than 49.  So it's official...I'm 24, not 23..and there's nothing I can do about it.  Even though I had to work it was a great day.  The girls I work with treated me to Cheesecake Factory, and Sean made me a delicious steak dinner.  After dinner Sean invited some friends and family over for cake and ice cream.  It was a great day!



Our apartment is pretty small, I was was worried not everyone would fit but they did!
  

  
Sean did a great job decorating 








Even though Sean hates it, he made me a Funfetti cake with rainbow chip icing, my favorite!

3 comments:

Mal said...

I'll be honest--I love the Funfetti with rainbow chip. Not my favorite, but there's something about it that I just love. Maybe it makes me happy. ...

And I know what you mean about some ages sounding older than others. I think 27 is like, the oldest-sounding age in the 20s. It sounds a lot older than 26, and somehow it sounds older than 28, but don't ask me how.

Rae said...

I totally know what you mean dude. 24 felt a lot older to me than 23 too. And last year when I turned 26 I was really sad because it felt like 27 was going to sound super old and it was only one year away. Now here I am, three weeks out, and I'm gonna be 27. Ancient. :(

Oh yeah, and everyone knows funfetti w/ rainbow chip is the best. How can Sean not even LIKE it???

PS I just read Mal's comment. It's confirmed. I'll be super old in three weeks. Awesome.

susan said...

Happy birthday! (And to Sean also, just a bit late!)