Saturday, December 28, 2013

Nikki's surprise shower!


One of my best friends, Nikki moved away this past summer.  It was super depressing, and it makes me hate Utah a little bit more...but I guess I'll survive SOMEHOW.  She is pregnant with her first little girl which is super exciting!  Her husband, Ben and some of our close friends decided to fly her back home to Texas for a weekend, and throw her a surprise baby shower! I think she may have suspected it a little bit...but at least she put on a good surprised face for us.  I love a good surprise!

 Some of pretty decor and food!

 Everything was delicious, we had a lot of helpers!



 Nikki LOVES everything mason jar related, so we thought we would tie a little pink into it!  I am obsessed with these straws!


Seriously, so cute.

 Some yummy treats

 Jennifer made this cute diaper cake.

 Look at the adorable goodie bags that Holly put together.

 My friends are really domestic!


I thought it all came together nicely. :)
We played some games..

Opened some presents...







 ...and then took some pictures...

Funny ones=best ones. :)

 Nikki brought her sweet Mom with her, Carmel.  I was the lucky one who got to keep them at my house with me.  The more Nikki time, the better! The next day we planned a few of Nikki's favorite things.  We started out the morning with pedicures at our favorite nail salon, Picasso Nails.

 
After lunch and some shopping, we ended the night with a scary movie (all of us were terrified, and spent half of the movie hiding in our seats) and went back to our favorite late night spot, Chili's.  We ate endless amounts of queso and Diet Coke until we were completely stuffed!

The next morning we all played hookie from chuch, and went to breakfast at Le Peep, delicious!  Before we all got depressed and said goodbyes, we headed over to Holly's to wax eyebrows.

Look at how red Nikki's eyebrows are!  She said they always get like that when she's prego, but it was too funny not to take a picture of!


The weekend of Nikki had come to an end.  We were all pretty depressed when she had to leave again.  We all miss her so much, but are grateful we got to shower her and her future princess with some gifts and a fun weekend to boot!  Thanks to everyone that helped and made the weekend a success! :)

 Love these girls.

 This is why we are friends...miss you Nikki!






1 comment:

Nikki said...

You guys are so awesome! I loved it and had such a fun weekend with you!!! I also love that pic of us after our eyebrows waxed lol. Classic.