Friday, March 8, 2013

2012 Wrap-up!

2012 was such a big year for our little family, so I felt that I needed to highlight some of our accomplishments.  I've seen people do this before, and I think it's a great idea.  It's a good way to look back and reflect on the year.  (Yes, I know it's March...how did that happen?!)

  • I switched jobs!  I went back to my old office in Allen.  My old boss begged/made me an offer I couldn't refuse, and both of us knew I wasn't happy at Willowbend Dental (literally the great and spacious building).  It's been a lot better this time around, I think for everyone involved.  Both of us got things out in the open that bothered us before, and I got some much needed experience in the grand dental field.  
  • Sean graduated college.  Hallelujah! Even though there were some bumps along the way (transferring schools, switching majors, life) he made it through, and I am so proud of him.  Even though he doesn't think it's that big of a deal, it really is!  A lot of people don't ever finish, and it's definitely something to be commended for.  Hats off to the grad!
  • We bought our first house!  Or in other words, we spent all of our money, haha!  It has been something we have been striving to do as long as we have been married.  I hate saving all of our money, but Sean proved it was worth it.  Fine...you were right Sean, my lips might be burning from saying that.  
  • Sean FINALLY got his dream truck.  A few months after he graduated, we got him a Toyota Tacoma.  Now he doesn't have to be drooling over them every time we see one on the street.  Instead, he just says things like, "Oh my gosh, my truck is so much better than that one."  At least he's humble about it. :) I'm so glad he loves it!
  • I ran my first half marathon.  Don't even ask me how, but I gained 10 pounds in the process.  I thought you're supposed to lose weight when you work out more?  What type of motivation is this supposed to give me?!  People keep telling me it's muscle...but I'm not buying it.  It was hard finding the time to train so frequently, but the end result was worth it.  I'll probably do another one in the future, hopefully I don't gain even more weight! 
  • Sean got a great job.  Sean started working for STC in January.  He's a Health and Safety Consultant and does sales for them too.  It's a great job, and he gets to use his Spanish a lot, which I'm really happy about.  I always think it's a bummer when people don't get to use what they got their degree in.  He really likes the job, and he has a great boss who we've become really good friends with.   
  • We went to Vegas for my brother John's wedding, it's weird not being the only one in my family married now!  We went to California for Michelle's wedding, I can't believe she's all grown up!  It seemed like she was just a baby when Sean and I were dating.  I went on my second girls trip, this time to Miami!  It was seriously AMAZING.  And last but not least, we went to Seattle to see Nate and T for Thanksgiving.  It was kind of a slow year for traveling for us...probably buying the house put on a damper on our crazy traveling antics.  But don't worry, we'll make up for it in 2013!
 Vegas baby!
Oh California...we love you.
I seriously wish I was back in South Beach, just laying out with my girls...

Missing these cuties!

We've reached so many milestones this year as a couple, as individuals, and as a family.  Overall it was a great year, and it was definitely better than 2011.  2011 was probably one of the darkest years of my life, and I hope to never repeat it.  Here's to many exciting things coming in 2013!!

1 comment:

Amy Weston said...

Great recap Becky!
So many great things this year! So glad you are at a job you love and Sean a job he loves as well. So happy to see you guys are doing great, you're very blessed! :)

Love Amy :)