Friday, January 4, 2013

Thanksgiving in Seattle.

For Thanksgiving this year we went out to Seattle to see Nate, Telisha, and the kiddos.  It was fun to see them in their gorgeous new home, and meet our newest niece Taryn.  It was so nice to have a break from work and be able to see them for more than just a day or two.  We got to stay for 4 full days this time, hopefully we didn't wear out our welcome!  It was such a fun trip, it always makes me sad to leave.  We miss them already!

We started out Thanksgiving morning with a little wrestling with the boys and Uncle Sean.  I think he missed throwing around those cuties.

This is what we woke up to...
http://youtu.be/F07aHuaBDxk

The madness continues...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsSIA_cb7zk

                   Sorry for my annoying voice in the background!
http://youtu.be/V4r2E7mzmhk

After wrestling around with the boys we got ready for the big meal.  Sid saw me curling my hair and she said she wanted "cute curls" like me.  

The finished product!  I can't believe how big she's gotten!  Riding bikes now...losing teeth...stop the madness!

Taryn Emma Packard.  She's even cuter than the pictures, hard to believe...I know.

I think she looks so much like Tanner.

The next day Nate and T took us out to see Seattle.  We went to Pike Place Market first, it's a really cool farmers' market.

We got to see them throw the fish to each other across the room, it was amazing!  I kept trying to take a picture of it, but I wasn't quick enough.

They had this really cool bronze pig that everyone takes pictures with.  The kids were loving it.

We looked a lot like a train with all eight of us braving the crowd.  I don't know how Nate and T do it without two extra adults!  They're champions!




 Sid and Tanner-bomb

Cute little redheads 

It was a little rainy...hence the wet mop look.

T and I needed a turn too!

Hills?!  What are these?

After we left Pike Place Market we went to the Kid's Science Center in Seattle.  I remember going there once in Columbus with the kids.  It's a cool place where the kids can run around, learn about science, and do a lot of fun activities.  

Tanner was freaking out with this illusion mirror, haha.  

Uncle Sean playing with Owen.  This kid kept trying to steal the tiles from Owen, and Sean kept grabbing them back.. Protective much?

The only picture I got of all 8 of us the entire trip!  Everyone is even looking (we'll cut Taryn some slack)!  We were getting ready to watch a 'Laser Movie' at the Science Center.




Nate and Sean tried to see who has the largest 'Muscle Endurance'.  It was pretty comical to watch.  Nate was very proud of the fact that he stayed on two seconds longer than Sean.


Then the kids had to show us how strong they were!  Tanner was hilarious, he thought Nate was deserting him after he let go and starting losing his mind.  Oh, Tanner!


 Then Telisha showed all of us up and did it with a baby strapped to her!  Can you say wonder-mom?!

 Probably the funniest picture of the day.  We looked over and saw Tanner laying like this.  How freaking funny is he?

Tan-man, love him!

 Sid and I took had some fun in the photo booth. :)

The next morning while the boys were golfing, T was nice enough to let me borrow her car to go meet up with one of my friends from Hygiene school, Danielle.  I got to meet her sweet new baby, McKenna.  It was so good to see her and catch up!
 So, so sweet.

 Sid took this picture of Taryn and me. :)


The boys and I were having a little too much fun taking pictures in the back seat.  I let them take the pictures by themselves...hence the future blurriness...

 Little goof ball.

 My favorite Owen face!  Ahhhhhhh, he's so cute!

 Ok, Tanner's turn...


This is the best of the 50 pictures he took of himself...or at least the one where you can see the majority of his face.

On Saturday we took a ferry ride.  This was one of the highlights of the trip for me.  It was beautiful!  The kids were loving it, they kept running back and forth to each side of the boat.  


Trying to capture the kids running...

 Captain Tanner, barrier chains mean nothing to him!


 When we got to the island we found this massive playground to keep the kids entertained.

 ....and Uncle Sean.  Seriously, it was massive!

 It was crazy how much fog there was, it looked pretty cool.

 Another picture by Sidney. :)

Sid-bid!

We played a game of hide-and-seek, Nate dominated!  This was one of his crazy hiding spots.

 He kept whistling so the kids would find him...these are their faces when he would whistle...

 Uncle Sean had some good hiding spots too.

 Nate's best hiding spot.

What the...spider-man?

 It was so funny to see the kid's faces when they finally found him!

Love them.

 The ferry ride back was a little chillier, but it was still gorgeous.

 Look at Owen's face!  Oh my goodness he's so cute!

Uncle Sean reading to the boys before they went to bed. Love.

 Playing some games with these cuties.

 Seriously precious.

Sunday night we drove out to see the Seattle Temple.  It ended up being closed, but we still got to walk around and see the pretty temple.

 
 
 I love seeing different temples for the first time.  I'm so glad we got a chance to go.

It wouldn't be a trip from Uncle Sean and Aunt Becky if there weren't presents!  I missed the beginning of the kids opening them, but it's still pretty cute...


Putting all the new presents to good use. :)

Sidney is so cute.  When we got the green light from Nate and T that it was a good time to open the presents (we don't tell the kids that we have them before that, or else) I told the kids that we had some stuff for them.  Sidney whispered in my ear, "I just knew you would bring us some presents Becky."  :)  So glad I didn't disappoint! 


 Like T said...time for our traditional couch photo!


 Funny ones are the best ones!  When we were getting all the kids together on the couch Telisha said, "Oh my gosh that's so many kids!" Hahaha!  The more, the merrier.  :)

I'm so glad we were able to go out and see Nate, T, and the kiddos.  We had such a great time.  I'm so happy for them that they're all settled in their new house, with Nate's new job, and their new city!  It was so good to see everyone, I'm so glad we got to spend Thanksgiving in Seattle!




1 comment:

telisha said...

That's pretty good luck that when I checked your blog we were the feature item! I am going to have to print out this blog post, it's so cute and I, of course, have none of these cute pics! Thanks for coming, it's always a great time!!! Makes me miss you all over again...