Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

When we lived in our various apartments we decided not to get a full size tree.  There was never a whole lot of room, and Sean is NOT into artificial trees.  We also thought it would make it 'that much more special' to wait until we were in a house to get a regular sized tree.  Well, this is our first Christmas in a house, so tree shopping we went!  

I always grew up with artificial trees, but Sean's family never did.  I don't care that much either way, it just seems a lot more cost efficient and cleaner to have a fake one!  Sean is pretty easy going about most things, but he was very persistent on having a real tree at Christmas.  So I gave in...we got our first Christmas tree!

 The entire night Sean was in Christmas tree heaven!

He was also VERY excited to put his new truck to more good use!

 Doesn't it look snazzy?  So because we've never had a full size tree, we didn't have a tree mount, or a tree skirt, or lights, or a star, or ribbon, or ornaments....do you catch my drift?  It was a pricey Christmas to say the least.  The actual presents under the tree was the smallest part!

In addition to all the tree shenanigans,  we wanted to do Christmas lights on our house too.  CHA-CHING!  Can you hear that sound?  That's the rest of our Christmas budget exceeded...

 Let's just say I was BEYOND nervous about Sean putting up the Christmas lights.  I literally was praying the entire time he was on the roof that he wouldn't fall off.  Sean is what you could call, accident prone.  He's been to the emergency room more times in our dating/engagement/marriage more times than I've been in my entire life.  I told him I would rather just pay someone to put them up, and have less presents.  You should have seen Sean's face when I suggested that.  "Psssssshhhhhhh...I've been putting up Christmas lights my entire life!  I'm not going to pay someone to do that, it's SO EASY."

 Please don't fall...please don't fall...

He recruited his BFF, Gerret to join in on the dangerous behavior.  Sarah, I'm sorry...

 Hallelujah!  No one fell/died, and no trips to the emergency room.  

 Love our cute little house.  Sean did a GREAT job. 
 (Let's pray they come down just as easily)

Our finished tree!  I was a little nervous going with the brown/silver/gold colors.  I've only done the traditional red and green before, but I just loved these colors on a big piece of garland I bought for the mantle. :)

This year I got us some nice stockings to match our tree skirt, monogrammed and everything!  

 I'm IN LOVE with our tree skirt.  It turned out perfectly.  I'm excited to have this for many, many years to come.

 Our presents under the tree, all ready for Christmas. :)

No comments: