Sunday, February 19, 2012

Surprise!! Rachel comes to Texas!

Sean has been saying for the last month or so to keep the second weekend in February open, because he has a surprise for me.  Sean's "surprises" always make me a little nervous.  But, he assured me this time he knew for certain I would love THIS one.  I love surprises, mostly surprising other people.  I love their reaction, I love how fun it is to get everything ready for them, and just to see others happy.  In the past I've told Sean how much I like them for ME TOO.  I think he's catching on.  :)  Well, he was right-I loved this surprise!  RACHEL HOPE CAME TO VISIT ME FROM NEW YORK CITY!!!


Seriously, I can't believe Sean kept this a secret from me for so long.  I freaking love Rachel, she is one of my best friends.  And sadly, we live half way across the country so we don't get to see each other as often as we would like.  Conviently, Sean really likes Rachel too.  He's told me mulptiple times how she is one of his favorites.  In fact, he is guilty of being a friend stealer.  They text/talk just as much as she and I do.  They both love the Yankees, and they have definitely bonded over this common love.  It's so nice when your hubs likes your friends, it honestly just makes things a lot easier.

On Friday night he told me to bring my swimsuit for my surprise and then get in the car.  He blindfolded me, and we were driving for about 45 min.  I had no idea where we were going, the only thing I could think of us doing was possibly going to a hotel, it was the only place warm enough for a swimsuit.  So then Rachel called me (Sean has confiscated my phone) but he said it was going to be a few minutes until we were ready so I could talk to her while we waited.  After talking for a few minutes, I asked her what she was up to, and she said, "Oh, just--as she opened the door--SURPRISING MY FRIEND!"  I was completely shocked, and really disoriented, because I had been in complete darkness for almost an hour, and had no idea where we were.  They totally got me, I was so surprised!!! 

That night we went to IN-N-OUT, and then headed home for the night.  Sean and I had to wake up at the crack of dawn the next morning for a 5k run we were doing, and Rachel was having breakfast while we were gone with her family that lives here.  The next day was a blast.  After we got back from our race we got ready, and then headed to get pedicures with another one of my besties Sarah.  ( I wish I had gotten a picture) After pedicures I took Rachel and Sarah to see our new house.


Rach loves our big master closet too!

Sarah and me in our master bedroom
Rachel liked our new house!
We're such grown ups, haha!
After seeing the house, we went to go see a movie, "The Vow."  Rach isn't a huge chick-flick lover, but Sarah and I love Channing Tatum! 
Once we got back from the movies, we met up with a bunch of old friends from college at BJ's (one of mine and Rach's fav restaurants).  It was so fun to see everyone again!
He cleans up nice :)
Seriously, I love her!

After dinner we went to another old college friend's house who just moved down the street from us!  Tommy and his little family are awesome, we're so glad they've moved so close and we can't wait to spend more time with them.  It was pretty late when we got there, so we didn't stay too long, but it was fun to catch up and reminisce about old times. :)

Sunday, we skipped church :0 to hang out with Rach a little more.  Sean made an amazing breakfast, we slept in, stayed in our pj's and talked all morning.  Rach has known that I've still been having a really hard time with my Dad passing away.  She talked to me about it, and helped me see some sides to it that I hadn't seen before.  She's such a good friend, I can't imagine life without her!  I still can't believe she came all the way to Texas just to hang out with me and lift my spirits, seriously she's amazing.  Before we knew it, it was time to take Rach to the airport.  I was so sad!  I didn't want her to leave, it was such a fun weekend!
Sean misses her too!
I can't wait until we get to hang out again!  Rach, I seriously love you so much!  Thanks for being such an amazing friend. 

1 comment:

Rae said...

This post makes me so happy! I'm glad you liked your surprise. :) Even though it was only three weeks it was so hard to get the secret! Sean and I were SO excited.
I think it's clear to see it was a quick weekend I was tired in all these pics. Not my best photos, but I'm glad you captured the moments.
It was seriously SUCH a fun weekend and I was really really sad to leave. Honestly there wasn't a moment that I didn't love.
Thank YOU for being such a great friend to me, and for picking such a great husband for me to be friends with too! :)