Friday, February 24, 2012

5k

About a month ago my good friend Sarah came up with a great idea, she thought it would be fun if all four of us ran a 5k together.  I have been lacking motivation to get back into shape, so this was the perfect excuse.  I was a little nervous because I'm a pretty slow runner, and I know Sarah is running all the time, so I didn't want to be running by myself the whole race.  But, she and I went running a few times together and I was relieved to find out she wouldn't lap me!  It was a great idea, we both started running more, and I felt like we motivated each other by going together and telling one another how far we had run that day, and how many days in a row we had practiced.  Even though we only had 6 wks to "train" (I'm well aware that you don't really have to train for a 5k, haha), I started running almost everyday, and  I feel so much better!
Sarah and me right before the race.

Did I mention that the morning of the race it was 29 degrees outside?  By far the coldest day we've had all winter.  Typical!  That, and the fact that we had to get up at 5:30 am didn't make it easy to get motivated!  I'm so glad we did it though, it was a lot of fun!

Sarah took the pic while we were running, I think it looks pretty sweet!
Haha!  Our jackets we got for the race.  We accidently tried on each others, and Sean's was a little tight, and mine was obviously too big. :)
WE MADE IT!  Even though Gerret and Sean left us in the dust (shocker), we still had a lot of fun.  Thanks Sarah for the great idea!  Hopefully this won't be the last race we do together!

1 comment:

sarahmontgomery said...

I am so glad we did it!!! Such a blast:) we should totally do the 15k I know we can do it!