Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas in California

This year we went to California with Sean's family for Christmas.  Sean's little sister Alisha got married on the 27th, so the WHOLE FAMILY was there!  It's been a while since all of us have been together, and even though it was crazy-it was still a lot of fun.  As I wrote in my previous blog post we drove down to Cali with Nate, T, and the kids.  We ended up getting to California late on the 23rd and stayed until the 30th in Carlsbad. 
Christmas Eve we didn't do much (thankfully), but around sunset Sean and I went down to the beach with Hailey, Nate, and Telisha.  It was beautiful, of course! 
My beautiful sister-in-laws
Sean and Nate TRYING to do a sexy/serious pose.
That's better. :)
The five of us.  P.J. stayed at home with sweet little Kiera. 
Later that night Grandma Packard read the Christmas story to the grandkids/Adam while Grandpa played some Christmas songs.  
This was a really funny sequence of events.  We each got to open a present on Christmas eve.  T had the kids open their adorable pajamas that her Mom makes the kids every year.  As soon as Tanner saw the pajamas, he immediately started stripping.  Seriously SO FUNNY!  Everyone was cracking up, it was freaking hilarious.  Tanner has turned into such a cute and funny kid!
Dressed in his new pajamas, happy as a clam. 
Sarah with her new goods, also very happy.
Making children pyramids 
I miss my Dad everyday, but I missed him a little bit more that night.  Christmas Eve my Dad always played us Christmas songs too, and I was having some trouble getting through that night.  It's my first Christmas without my Dad, and it wasn't all that easy.  I had to leave a few times during the Christmas story because I was so upset.  Some days are simply easier than others, and that was just a hard day.  I miss him so much, and even though were weren't with my family but it was good to be with Sean's.  It was a nice little evening that his parents put together. 
  P.J. and Hailey's sweet 3 week old baby, Kiera.  The newest addition to the Packard family!
CHRISTMAS MORNING MAYHEM!
In the Packard family, they have a tradition where Santa actually comes to the house in the morning.  It's a really cute idea.  Paul wakes up everyone and we run downstairs and hide behind the couches while Santa names off everyone on his list and we try and see him.  The only beef I have with Santa is that he comes freaking EARLY.  It was around 5am, both times I've been there for Santa.  Santa, we need to try and work something out...
The best part was seeing the kids so excited.  They all had a lot of fun, it was really cute.
Tanner might have had a little too much candy...
This was Sean's surprise present for me...
A NEW COACH PURSE! He really is learning :)  Great job this year Sean!
This was Sean's surprise from me, I was pretty excited about it.  I had to have one of our friends put it on their credit card so Sean wouldn't see it on ours, then have it shipped out to California, and then wrap it there before he saw it!  It's always a big deal for his presents, but it's always worth it. :)

A NEW GOLF CLUB! He's been talking about it for at least a year, so I figured I better get it for him...you know, for my own sanity.  :)

Our present to Addie, a new princess shirt!
Our present to Sid, an Ariel night gown!

Our present to Owen, and a really big hug for me.  I know I look AWFUL in all these pics (like I said, Santa comes early), but I love this moment too much to care.
Like there wasn't enough people there already (20+), Sean's parents invited Alisha's new in-laws over, haha...like I said, craziness. 
Tanner had enough of opening presents, so he decided to play in the box, naturally. :)

After presents we all went to church, and took some pics after.  Their family is so cute!
Love me some Owen!
Tanner stripping again...
The day after Christmas we went to the beach for family pictures (everyone's favorite day).
I'm excited to get all the pics back from the photographer!
Alisha and her soon-to-be new hubby Spencer!
And the kids were adorable as always!


 After family pictures all the boys went golfing (I feel partly responsible for that because Sean just HAD to try out his new driver).  While the boys were out Hailey, Telisha, and I took the kiddos to the park.
 Cousin love!

 After we came home all of us needed some quiet time, so Telisha (with all her wisdom) put on a movie for the kids.  That was probably the quietest the house was all week. :)
  I love this picture, so cute of the kids!
 That night we went to dinner at the cute little restaurant called Ruby's on the Oceanside Pier.
Tanner running down the pier with Uncle Sean.
It's love.
Our little Sid bid.
Our fun table!

And finally it was Wedding Day!!
My favorite boys and me!  
Tanner was so cute, as soon as he saw me walking towards him he yelled, "Betti, Betti I missed you!"  He was so excited to see Sean and me.  Seriously, he's so stinking cute.
 This family pic might have been the hardest to get.  The sun was staring straight in our eyes!  I swear the photographer took at least 20 pics, trying to get a good one.
Sean and the boys
Cute, cute family pic
The traditional butt grabbing pic.  It's a weird Packard thing, you wouldn't understand.  Paul and P.J.'s faces are definitely the best!
The "sexy" one, although somewhat scary...especially since Sean and Nate are gazing into each others eyes.  
Girls picture
The gorgeous San Diego temple
 Oh, Tanner...another really funny sequence of events.  Somehow Tanner fell and hit his head.  Owen was eating some apples and decided to give Tanner one to help him stop crying.  Instead of eating it, Tanner decides to put the cold apple on his head.  Ha ha, Tanner you're so cute!  We love you so much!
Loving on Owen.
Hailey and P.J. trying to get a family pic, way to hold strong Hailey!
The newlyweds!
Sidney looking adorable!
The day after the wedding Sean and I needed a little break from the chaos...
So we went to San Clemente!
Not too shabby for December 28th!
Then we drove up to Newport Beach and did a session at the Newport Beach temple.
It was beautiful!
Our last day in Carlsbad we went to the beach with a bunch of Sean's cousins, Aunts, and Uncles. 
...and got some "Betti tisses" on the way over!
It was so cute watching all the kids run around in the water
Nate gave the kids a ride around on the board and they LOVED IT!
Jared taught Austin how to surf.
 Jared and Erin's little boy Tanner
Hailey built a sand castle with the kids.
...which later Owen destroyed.
Matt and Annie's smiley little boy, Bennet.
Then we went to Carlsbad Inn to swim in the pool and use the hot tub.
After we got all cleaned up we set off on a new adventure!
We went to the Mormon Battalion site in Old Town.
Adam joined in on the fun.
My cute sister-in-law, Sarah.
Owen made some bricks...
Tanner got some water...
Grandma helped find some gold...
P.J. chased his kids around... :)

Found some horses...

After we walked around Old Town we found a fire and roasted some marshmallows
Then we ended the night at Taco Bell.  Tanner was loving this taco, clearly!  He is so freaking cute.


We definitely came home exhausted, but we had a lot of fun in California.  2011 will definitely be a Christmas to remember.  I know this post is long, but believe it or not I actually have at least 100 more pictures.  These pics were just some highlights of the trip, I'm out of control...I know.  Thanks for getting married Alisha and forcing all of us to come out to Carlsbad! 

5 comments:

telisha said...

great post. I think I'll just copy it and put it in my scrapbook! :) love ya

Anonymous said...

Haha, I'm glad everyone had so much fun and no one actually went crazy or killed anyone!

Rae said...

Dude, that is a billion pictures! You are dedicated. I used to be, but not so much anymore. :)
Remember how I took you guys (well, not Sean) to see the Newport Beach temple for the first time after we'd all been at the beach? That was a fun trip, I'm glad we have that memory. :)
Sad I missed you guys in California.

Michelle Packard Bowler said...

SO SO SO SO HAPPY you all were able to come too!! I seriously love you so so much!!

Sean and Becky said...

Thanks guys! Rachel, I totally remember! That's one of the reasons I wanted to go there so much. I was seriously telling Sean that story while we were out there. Oh the college days, good times. :)