Monday, June 27, 2011

NASCAR

So, none of us are really NASCAR fans...but I scored some free tickets while my brother John was visiting us in Texas before heading up to BYU-Idaho.  John's friend Clifton came with us too.  We thought it would be something "fun" to check off our lists.  We had planned to show up about half way through the race, because it's even boring on ESPN.  So, we got some dinner and then headed to Texas Motor Speedway in Dallas.  It was pretty much what I expected-it was boring, lots of white trash people, and it was really loud.  But, it was free...and an experience at that.  I spent most of the time taking pictures of the "interesting" people around us.  :)
I felt kind of dumb, but it was actually hard to keep track of who was winning.  This is what you could look at during the race to see which racer was in the lead.
 Sean took a panoramic shot, but I couldn't figure out how to get them all next to each other on this stupid blogger.
For the majority of my time I was trying to get a picture of this nasty guy's tattoo screaming and yelling in front of us.  He was most of the entertainment, and you can't really see but his tattoo takes up his entire back, haha.
These people are the smart ones, I wished I had some of the earmuffs the whole race!
NASCAR hotties
I wish I had gotten a picture of this guy's sweet mullet with his hat off.  This picture really doesn't do it justice.
It's so nice living close to a legit city, there are just more things to do.
Fun times, haha.

It was so nice of John to come and see us before he left for school.  People usually don't come and visit us, we usually have to go and see them.  So, it was a nice change.  :)  Even though it doesn't sound like a super glamorous night, it was still fun.  Bucket list, check.


No comments: