Sunday, June 26, 2011

He's home!!


Well, he came home three months ago.  Don't hate me because I'm a horrible blogger, I told you I'm catching up!  My brother John has been on a LDS service mission in India for the last two years.  A lot of things have changed since he left.  Mostly, our Dad is gone now.  It wasn't the best time for us to make an all night drive to Chicago...but honestly, when is it?  There were already going to be a lot of people missing when he came home, and his little sister shouldn't be one of them.  I got done Thursday night around six, Sean picked me up straight from work, and we made the 13 hour drive home.  I'm really glad we went, I wouldn't have missed it for anything. 
These are always my favorite RM pics, mother/son.
I felt pretty special/important to be the second person hugged, haha!  Love him.
John and our little brother Chris.
 Sean, John, and me.

Chris, John, and me.
John brought the boys back some souvenirs from India, apparently this is what the men wear over there.  Daniel wasn't quite grasping the concept. :)
Too funny not to post.
Got it, finally...haha.
John brought me and my Mom these dresses that the girls wear over there.  Yes, mine looks a little Grandma-ish, but what can you do?  He also brought us some sweet bracelets...I guess the girls wear double that amount on each arm.  Can you say over accessorizing? 
All of the kiddos minus David (shocker).  Sean thought it was so funny to pull his skirt up so high.
 Mom and John.
 Missing a few people...

We left Texas Thursday night, got to Chicago Friday afternoon, went to the airport, hung out Saturday, and left Sunday morning after John's homecoming talk in church.  Needless to say, it was a quick trip...but I'm so glad we went.  John didn't think we were coming so he was really surprised/excited to see us, I loved that.  John is the only one of my brothers who has gone on a mission, and probably the only one who will go, so it's kind of a big deal.  Sean and I want to support him as much as we can, so we're so glad we were able to make the tiresome trip.  It was the first time we had been back to my house where we haven't seen my Dad or been to the hospital to see him...so that was a little different too.  We miss you Dad, you would be so proud of John.  

1 comment:

Rae said...

Man, this brought tears to my eyes.