Sunday, August 8, 2010

Home to Chicago


About a month ago Sean and I went back to my parent's house for my little brother Dan's graduation open house.  It was only a quick weekend trip, but it was fun to be there, and I'm sure my parents really appreciated our help.  So according to Sean the idea of a graduation open house seems unnecessary and kind of ridiculous, but where I'm from it's a really big deal.  All of the high school graduates send out invitations, plan their party around all their friends', and basically have a big party with a bunch of food where everyone who comes brings you money.  It's awesome.  But, on the flip side for the family hosting it's a lot of work and strategic planning.  This time being my mom's fifth and final open house, she basically had it down.  She just needed work horses (Sean and me) to carry out all the delegations.

 Dan with a few of his friends
The open house turned out to be a success.  A lot of people from the church were there, a bunch of Dan's friends came, and close friends and family traveled out to make it.  We're glad we were able to make it home for such a quick trip.  It was really good to see my Dad again too.  For those of you wondering he seems to be doing all right.  He's still has the V.A.D. implanted in him, and as of last week he is officially on the heart transplant list.  It's been seven months since his heart attack so everyone (especially my dad) is happy that he's finally made it on the list.  My family and I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers, and hope that you'll pray just a little bit longer for him.  Hopefully he won't be on the list long, and soon he'll have a new heart.




No comments: