Sunday, June 6, 2010

Go Cubs!

Sean and I both love going to baseball games.  We feel really lucky because everywhere we've lived there's been either minor or major league baseball teams close to us.  The Texas Rangers' stadium is only about an hour away from us in Arlington.  A few weeks ago the Chicago Cubs were in town, and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for us to go to our first Texas Rangers game.  I know the Cubs haven't always been the best team, but my dad and brothers might disown me if I didn't like them (and of course cheer for them).  Sean is really embarrassed about how much my family and I like the Cubs, so it's always fun to humiliate him a little bit more at the games.  :)  I will say it's a little bit frustrating watching a Cubs game with my Dad.  The poor guy, he's been a Cubs fan for over 50 years and will go to the grave loving them.  I remember when the Cubs went to the playoffs the fall of '03, he canceled all his patients for the week and flew himself and any of us kids who wanted to go down to Florida to see them play.  I asked him if he was sure that he wanted to do that and he said, "Rebekah, I've been a cubs fan all my life.  This might be the only chance I ever get to see them in the playoffs."  Haha, and he might be right.


So, we went to a Saturday night game with Gerret, Sarah, Kylie, and Mike.  And as always with our little group, it was a lot of fun.  The best part was probably when the game went into extra innings and the Cubs beat the Rangers.  I didn't know if they were going to be able to pull it off, but they did!  Hopefully this game will be the start of many more Rangers games.

Sean and me after the game.



Kylie and I were dying for some cotton candy.  
Little did we know it would take three entire innings to get some.  As always, totally worth it!

 Mike was cheering against me the whole game. 
This was right after the Cubs beat the Rangers, clearly he's still a little upset. :)
Gerret and Sean look at each other like this far too often.

2 comments:

chelse said...

not gonna lie.... i get a little board at baseball games.... but maybe it's because I've only been to the chuckers games in idaho falls....

Sarah said...

Such a fun Game!!! Yes it is the begining of many more Ranger games;)