Saturday, February 15, 2014

Thanksgiving and more...

This year we stayed in Texas for Thanksgiving.  Aunt Elaine had us and the Packard clan over.  I can't believe it was a year ago that we went to visit Nate, T, and all their littles in Seattle...time flies! This year was pretty low key, but pretty relaxing.  As always, we're thankful to be around family.

Aaron and Janene's sweet Savannah got into Kayla's mascara.  It was pretty funny at the time, and we all thought it was a good idea to take pictures of it.  But, then I felt bad when she started crying, sad!  This made me understand a little bit more why parents think it's a "good idea" to post a picture on Instagram or Facebook when their child is hurt/bleeding/into mischief/pooped all over something...INITIALLY it's fun--Side note, no one's poop is cute people...not even adorable little kids...it's poop.

 Hottie mama of twins!

Our good friends, Holly and Scot had their little baby Luke in November!  Look at how tiny and adorable he is!  **Side note, we both look terrible in this picture...must have been a long day...although I'm sure not as long as Holly's was!

The weekend after Holly and Scot had Luke, we thought we would give them some alone time...or time to nap, or do whatever they wanted without three kids!  So we took Nathan and Ryan to the park and to dinner for the night.

We have an amazing park in our subdivision.  It has a great playground, running path, covered area with picnic tables, and splashpad.  If we weren't so lazy we could have walked, haha! It was a perfect 65 degree day here in November!  

We had to get the boys some fun stuff to do.  So we got some silly string (who doesn't love silly string) and let them loose on each other.  Poor Nathan, Ryan got the hang of it a little better than he did.  :)  Apparently there is just never enough silly string in those little cans!

Na-na loved the swings...although it doesn't really look like it in this picture.  They thought it was hilarious how I would push them really high and run underneath them.  I think I thought it was just as entertaining when I was a kid.  Who knew it was such a good workout?!

Crazy Uncle Sean!  I'll have to admit he's their favorite...let's be honest, most kids'
 favorite.  He's so good with the kids (possibly because he's one of them).  He always plays with them and lets them have fun.  He loves to wrestle with the boys especially.  
He's going to make a great Dad one day.

I love me some Nay-Nay. :)
This kid is hilarious, his "surprised" face is one of the funniest I've ever seen!  So freaking cute!

We got the boys those foam little toys that expand in water, occupied them forever!  They don't look thrilled in this picture, but they really were having fun!

Nay-nay!

At the end of November I got pretty sick.  Of course, my patients schedule their appointments six months in advance...so they're not happy if they have to be rescheduled last minute.  Desperate times call for desperate measures!  Our new assistant, Claudia showed me a trick she used when she has a runny nose so it doesn't drip down into your mask (gross...I know), shove dental gauze up your nose.  Even though it looks completely ridiculous, it actually works!  These and a Z-PAK saved my life!

Of course, this meant that I got Sean sick too, he tried to do the same thing at home...haha!  It's just not quite the same without cotton rolls. :)







No comments: