Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I don't even know where to start...


We've been back from our trip to Europe for about a month now.  I have over 1,000 pictures on our camera, 500 on my phone, and at least 400 on Sean's phone.  I'm not really sure how to attempt blogging/posting pictures!  We were gone for two weeks, visited 4 countries, over 10 major cities, cruised for 8 days, and had the time of our lives.  I know I need to document this, but I don't even really know where to start.  I'm thinking maybe by the day, or city?  Well, here goes the first stop, NYC!!!

We left for our trip on a 6 am flight to intentionally have a long layover in NYC, so we could visit one of our favorite people, Rachel Hope.  Little did any of us know when we arranged our plans, Rach would be having a major life/career change, and would be out of the state for weeks!  Even though we were both a little depressed that we didn't get to see Rae-hoe, we still thought we would venture out and explore the city during our 8 hour layover (also because the airline wouldn't let us change our flight for less than $500, lame).

The last time we were in New York was almost 3 years ago (crazy!) and I had really wanted to go to the "Top of the Rock" observation deck at the Rockefeller center downtown.  So, millions of dollars later in taxis, we made it to the Rockefeller center!

The trek out there was definitely worth the view!

I love the pano view of the observation deck.

Loving life :)




Rockefeller Plaza

Boom baby!

I feel like taxis have changed a lot over the years...

So, it turns out venturing out into the city wasn't the best idea.  We left in PLENTY of time to get back to the airport (more than twice the amount of time we needed), and almost missed our flight to Rome.  Honestly, I have never been so scared of missing a flight, and I flew standby for over 25 years!  We were straight up "Home Alone-ing it" through the airport.  Seriously, I was sore from sprinting...it was bad.  I literally was sweating by the time we got to our flight.  We arrived at the gate less than 5 minutes before take off, and as any frequent traveler knows...they were announcing to release our seats and close the door.  That was the first time I had heard my "confirmed seat name" called to release my seat, what an awful feeling!   That would have been a NIGHTMARE, and obviously put a damper to the start of a anniversary trip.

Luckily, we made it (tender mercy, I was literally in tears in the taxi cab) and we got on the flight!  Ugh, for the love.  It was only an eight hour flight to Rome, and we were so exhausted from the 3 hours of sleep we got the night before, that we were passed out!   We got in at 7 am and started out our 5 Year Anniversary Trip!  Wahooooooo!  Until the next post....


1 comment:

Amy Weston said...

Wow! Scary! Almost missed it, I like how you guys were Home-a-lone ing it hahha. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics! I would love to go on a cruise there in the next few years! :)