Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party!

Sean and I hosted our first Ugly Christmas Sweater Party this year!  Too bad that two holidays have passed since then, but we all know I'm slow at the blogging business! It was a lot of fun, and I'm hoping to make it a yearly tradition!  Sean and I love to entertain, and what better way to bring in the Holidays, then to dress up in an ugly sweater?!  It was a lot of work putting together all the food (next year I'm thinking we won't make everything--simplify), even so, I think it turned out pretty well!

Here are some of the pictures of some of the goodies Sean and I made!
 A pretty Christmas wreath of piggies-in-a-blanket.

 Sean made this bomb snowman cheeseball.

 A view of some of the treats.

Some Christmas style popcorn and pretzel M&M's.

 Boom baby!

A tier of chocolate.

 Snowman cupcakes with TONS of sparkly sprinkles.
 Christmas wreaths, Santa hat brownie bites, and more.
Yeah...we all gained 10 pounds.

 Pretzel M&M's...probably the easiest treat ever!  I will say, the circular pretzels were super hard to find...but totally worth it!

Christmas style carmel corn, this was probably my favorite treat. I may or may not have snacked on it for weeks after the party...

Chocolate dipped pretzels smothered in sprinkles.

Chocolate covered reindeer nutter butters...these were a little tricky, the first ones we did looked a little deformed.

My sister-in-laws Michelle and Telisha make DELICIOUS crinkle cookies...and I tried to imitate them with a Christmas twist.  Tried is the key word!

Christmas wreaths, delicious!

Santa hat brownie bites, got this gem from Pinterest!

Our "Christmas tree"rice krispie treats, don't hate on our Laffy-Taffy star!

Snow-man cupcakes close up :)

 I made some "ginch punch" with green sprinkle coated glasses.  Yum!

 Some festive dinnerware, of course!


 At least one of the boys smiled, thanks Scot!



 Showing off their festive wear.

Some pics of the fun...

Pano view of the party games!



 Sean and Ben were getting pretty cozy by the fire.

Nikki was so nice and brought her fancy camera and props, and we had a photo booth!



It was our first photo booth here at the house, and I thought it was fun, some of us had a little too much fun! And yes, Sean is wearing a woman's Christmas vest that I picked out for him.  He parted/gelled his hair all on his own though...


Holly and Scot won the best 'ugly' sweaters.  Scot's sweater lit up with a switch he had in his pocket, and Holly had all of her family's faces on the elve's faces, awesome!


Kirk and April had some pretty sweet sweaters too, and as always were the life of the party!


Mark and Cori brought their adorable newborn baby girl, Andi. She slept through the entire party like a champ!


Gerret and Sarah came too!  Sarah saved my life (as usual) and helped me a lot with the party.


Nikki and Ben were our rock-star photographers. And check out the sweet props Nikki made for the photo booth, she's basically amazing!



Trying out some more of the props, loved them!


 Oh boys...

 The girls!

Holly, you crack me up!

 Daniel holding baby Andi, he was a little scared of her...but it was pretty sweet.


Daniel came by at the end of the party after he got off work and stole some food...basically his weekly ritual. :)

 Sean continued the sweater humor, and wore his sweater to church the next day.  He ditched the turtleneck and parted hair, but still got plenty of laughs!

Thank you everyone for all of the help!  Sean was an absolutely amazing help making everything, I couldn't have done it without him.  This was the first party with members of our new ward, and we loved it!  Hopefully many more to come over the years.  We're so grateful for all of our new friends, and especially for the ones who love to party with us! :)

4 comments:

Marylynn said...

I think I gained a few pounds looking at all the yummy (and beautiful!) food! Nice job, Martha!

Sherrie said...

That was impressive! And I keep going back over and over to look at Sean in the turtleneck. I love you guys!!!!

Michelle Packard Bowler said...

First off, AMAZING treats! Seriously, it looked awesome!! Second, Sean is just too funny sometimes :) Love you guys very much!

telisha said...

That turtleneck was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. (Nate)