Sunday, August 19, 2012

Changes

 I've had a mixture of feelings about family over the past few months, disappointments really.  People that I thought should have been there to love, care, and support us haven't.  I've realized the word "family" doesn't have to be someone you're related to by blood...it can be the ones you surround yourself with.  

We've had a few changes in the past few weeks, some good...some not so good.  Sometimes I feel like Sean and I are all alone because we don't live by our parents or siblings.  But over the past few weeks, I have been assured we are not.  I've honestly never been more touched by our loved ones.  A few friends and family we've reached out to have gave blessings, fasted and prayed for us, and given us their support.  In some of our hours of heartache, these people have truly raised our spirits and helped us feel the love of our Savior. 

I'm so grateful for the few family members and friends who have been such a comfort to us. 

This is a big week for our little family...some big possible changes.  I've never prayed so hard in my life.  I know we don't always know why things happen a certain way, but I do know that our Savior does.  I guess this is what they call "faith". 

I know Mother Teresa and I don't have many things in common, but I've always loved this quote from her, and lately I've felt it to be more true than ever.  "I know God wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle.  I just wish he didn't trust me so much."


3 comments:

Rae said...

You know my thoughts on family, it has nothing to do with blood.
I love you guys and am praying hard. I have complete confidence that whatever happens will be okay.

Marylynn said...

Love ya - if I can help, call me.

chelse said...

I love you becky. No matter what you will always be my sister. Let me know if I can help in any way!