Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Birth Control

Sean and I teach the six and seven year old CTR class in Primary.  This is by far the funnest, most challenging calling I have ever had.  We have a HUGE class, there are 16 kids!  Granted, not all of them come every week, we average 12-13 kids each Sunday.  Every Sunday Sean and I are so excited to see all of these crazy kids, but after being with them for two hours I'm always relieved to hand them back over to their parents.  They are so sweet, and freaking hilarious, but sometimes they can be huge pains and I want to beat them.  Haha!

Since it's the end of the year and we will be getting a new class next week, Sean and I decided to throw them a Pizza Party/Movie Night at our apartment.  We were 'supposed to' be watching "ELF",  eating popcorn, and having fun..but instead they were just running around our little apartment like crazy people all night.  It was actually really funny.  As mad as I wanted to be I just couldn't be, they're so freaking cute (and crazy).  We felt like we couldn't tell them to simmer down that much because that's all we really do at church.

When Elle's mom picked her up she asked, "Why are you guys doing this, are you crazy?  Is this just birth control for you two?"  Haha...maybe.

All the kiddies.  As you can see, one of the first of may spills on the carpet.

Girl picture!  We almost got all of them looking :)

Boy picture, typical.


This is Charlie, he is the funniest little boy ever.  Every Sunday Charlie comes and sits on my lap, all through sharing time and the lesson.  A few Sundays ago Charlie asked me, "Do you know why I always sit on your lap?" "No", I replied.  He said, "It's because I have a crush on you." I said, "Well you better go tell Brother Packard this."  So Charlie runs over to the other side where Sean is sitting and says, "Hey-I have a crush on the girl teacher."  Sean said, "Well that's my girlfriend, so I'm going to have to beat you up." Charlie quickly replied, "Well I'll kick you in your pee-pee!"  Sean gave him the look of disdain and Charlie gasped, "Sorry!", and then ran back over to me.  Hahaha!  This is just one of the many funny things he has done.


This is Elle and Scottie.  All of the boys are in LOVE with Elle.  They are always following her around, and will do anything she says.  It's really cute.  A lot of times when the boys are misbehaving (which is quite frequently) we sit them by Elle, and it always seems to help. :)

Sean was taking pictures of the kids crossing their eyes all night, and this is one of my personal favorites.

We ALMOST had all of them smiling, but then there's our shining star Jaxon (little boy in the back making a retarded face) making every picture special.

5 comments:

susan said...

16?!?! Wow! I have had the 6-7 year olds, but only 4! Sean, do not mess with Charlie.

Mal said...

Awesome calling! It looks like they all love you too.

Emily Leue said...

oh man i can't decide which is worse - 6yr olds or teenagers! haha thats funny though, we just spent a couple hours babysitting our next door neighbor's three boys, and i was SO tired when we were done!! :)

chelse said...

haha that's so funny. I saw all these pictures on fb. You're such a great aunt to do that, especially for someone who doesn't want kids yet.

NOEL AND JOEY said...

haha! little boys just have a thing for you (thinking of little steve). You know that every kid in primary is now hoping and praying that YOU GUYS are their teacher. Oh and ps sweet pea is one of my favorite songs!